No matter which side you are on, a landlord-tenant dispute can be expensive and emotionally draining. Even if the lease is carefully drafted, an issue might arise that isn’t addressed in the document, or is addressed in a vague and confusing manner.At Fox & Moghul, we understand the complexities of lease agreements and where problems are likely to occur. We also know how to assist each of our clients in asserting their rights under the agreement or under the law generally. If the value of your claim is $1,000 or more, our attorneys could be invaluable to your case.
Commercial And Residential Landlords
If you are a landlord, our attorneys are ready to help with nearly all legal aspects of your business. Our services and representation include:
- Commercial Lease drafting and negotiations
- Evictions (unlawful detainers)
- Tenant assertions
- Waste (damaged property claim)
- Illegal sublets
- Improper assignments
- Breach of lease
- Non-payment of rent
- Option-to-purchase agreements
Although unforeseen problems can sometimes arise with a tenant, most problems can be foreseen and prevented or mitigated. Consulting with a lawyer in drafting as well as enforcing the lease can save you significant time, money and hassle in the long run.
Commercial And Residential Tenants
Whether you are a business owner in a commercial lease agreement, Fox & Moghul is ready to help protect your rights and ensure that you are getting a fair deal. Our lawyers are uniquely qualified to protect your business interests and safeguard your rights in a commercial lease agreement.
Most of our residential tenant clients face a variety of structural issues with their property. If your landlord fraudulently concealed broken pipes or you discover mold on your property, contact our attorneys immediately to protect your rights and your safety.
We’ve Secured Results For Numerous Virginia Clients
Our landlord-tenant services are trust throughout northern Virginia, and make up one of the most robust parts of our practice. Some of our successes include:
- Foreclosure-related Eviction with Parallel Circuit Court Title Challenge (Prince William County General District Court) – Unlawful Detainer involving challenge to foreclosure action (Circuit Court) and seeking to void the client’s purchase. Case was settle and the client obtained possession.
- Commercial Tenant Audit Rights and Utility Overbilling (District of Columbia): We were retained by a prominent sushi restaurant and bar in Georgetown to negotiate a leasing dispute with Landlord stemming from the Landlord’s billing practices for water usage. Negotiated compromise by invoking specific Tenant rights under the complex commercial lease, which involved the installation of a direct billing meter on Tenant’s premises.
- Commercial Lease Release – Represented well-known Peruvian chicken chain restaurant regarding leasing dispute related to three business partners asserting ownership over the restaurant. Successfully negotiated settlement and release of client.
- Breach of Contract Suit Involving Defense of Two U.S. Marines against Predatory Landlord (Fairfax General District Court) – Successfully prosecuted predatory slumlord seeking to extort thousands of dollars in damages from clients-plaintiffs. Obtained judgment for back rent and return of full security deposit.
Located in Fairfax, our firm represents clients across northern Virginia. To discuss your legal needs with us, call 703-652-5506. You can also contact us via email.