Our real estate attorneys provide skillful representation in complex real estate transactions throughout Virginia and the District of Columbia. We have had extensive experience representing developers, investors, buyers, sellers, lenders, architects, contractors, engineers, brokers, landlords and tenants in connection with every conceivable type of real estate asset, including raw land, retail, office, industrial, residential, hotel and restaurants. We are well versed in our practice and strive to ensure prompt service, open communication and personal attention to all our clients.
We focus on correctly assessing all legal and business aspects of a transaction to provide comprehensive, high-quality representation to our clients at all times. We have represented both landlords and tenants in thousands of square feet of office leasing transactions in the Northern Virginia area. Our real estate Lawyers team works diligently to ensure that our clients and their particular transactions are structured to maximize our clients’ results. We seek to facilitate the process and achieve the client’s goal successfully.
Our Real Estate Lawyer Services Include:
- Real estate broker litigation
- Commercial and Residential Leasing/Landlord-Tenant Disputes
- Condominium/Homeowners Association (HOAs) and Real Estate Cooperatives
- Construction Litigation (General/Sub Contractors Classes A, B and C)
- New Home Construction and Builder Contract Disputes
- Mold litigation
- Title disputes and real estate settlements
- Real Estate purchase and sale contract disputes
- Foreclosure defense
- Partition actions
- Land use and zoning
- Mechanic’s liens and stop notices
- Property management
- Real estate appraiser malpractice
- Quiet title actions
- Adverse Possession Claims
- Easement and Boundary Line Disputes
- Injunctions (nuisance, trespass etc.)
- $400,000+ settlement in partition action under Va. Code 8.01-83. Our firm represented one of the co-owners of real estate encumbered by a mortgage. The other co-owner had failed to make the required mortgage payments, resulting in an undue financial burden on our client. Case was settled favorably.
- High six figure settlement in deed fraud case. Firm represented defrauded party against two defendants in complex fraud suit involving several forgeries of deeds and client’s signatures to obtain loan proceeds encumbered against client’s real estate.
- Real Property Construction Dispute. Successfully defended prominent real estate development group in a complex construction dispute involving claims of structural damage to a neighboring property. Plaintiffs sued client seeking $600,000 in total damages. We had one of the Plaintiffs sanctioned for discovery violations, and the case was eventually settled for $3,800 only.
- Multi-Expert Mold Litigation. We were retained by the Landlord-Defendant to defend a complex mold-related Tenant Assertion by tenants asserting substantial economic harm and back rent. This case involved three mold experts and the proceeding lasted almost seven hours. Client-Landlord was awarded possession, and we successfully barred tenants from pursuing any damages against client.
- Prosecuted Serial Fraudster Tenants Who Misrepresented Income, Credit and Employment Information, and Concealed Prior Rental History. Represented former landlord against professional tenants in a warrant in debt action. Obtained the full jurisdictional amount in damages ($25,000), attorney’s fees in the amount of $10,000, and costs in favor of client.
Contact Us to Discuss Your Case
With an office in Fairfax, Fox & Moghul serves clients throughout Northern Virginia and D.C. To discuss your legal needs with one of our skilled lawyers, call us at 703-652-5506, or fill out our online contact form.
Disclaimer: Each case is unique and the outcome depends on the facts of each case. Past results do not guarantee future results.