Real Estate Attorneys in Arlington County
Our firm represents individuals and businesses across Arlington County in all real estate matters. From our satellite office located at Tysons Corner, we provide full service representation in our areas of practice. At Fox & Moghul, you are hiring a team of focused professionals who have repeatedly advised others like you before.
- Real estate broker litigation
- Commercial and residential leasing/landlord-tenant disputes
- Condominium/homeowners association (HOAs) and real estate cooperatives
- Construction litigation (general/subcontractors classes A, B, and C)
- New home construction and builder contract disputes
- Mold litigation
- Title disputes and real estate settlements
- NVAR real estate purchase and sale contract disputes
- Partition actions
- Mechanic’s liens and stop notices
- Property management
- Real estate appraiser malpractice
- Quiet title actions
- Adverse possession claims
- Easement and boundary line disputes
- Injunctions (nuisance, trespass, etc.)
- Non-Disparagement Clauses in Consumer Contracts. This was an interesting case involving the enforcement of a non-disparagement clause in standard form consumer contracts, a property rental agreement. Client had published comments about a well-known property management company. A clause in the contract prohibited the use of any “disparaging” language against the other. We successfully dismissed all claims against the client after substantial motions practice.
- Dismissal of $160,000 Commercial Unlawful Detainer case against Tenant. We represented a Tenant in a commercial leasing dispute who was being evicted for alleged nonpayment of rent. The Firm was able to mount a successful defense based on COVID-related defenses, and due to defects with the underlying notices served upon client. Case was dismissed.
Recent Published Works
- American Law Institute, The Practical Lawyer, “Direct vs Derivative Claims: Permitting Direct Shareholder Actions for Closely Held Corporations,” by Faisal Moghul and Joseph Rugari (July, 2022).
- LexisNexis Practical Guidance, “Purchase and Sale of Commercial Real Property (VA),” by Faisal Moghul and Terry Fox (November 15, 2021).
- LexisNexis Practical Guidance, “Choice of Ownership Structure of Real Property,” by Faisal Moghul and Terry Fox (June 9, 2022)
- American Law Institute, The Practical Lawyer, “Caveat Emptor vs Seller Disclosure in Residential Real Property Conveyances,” by Faisal Moghul and Terry Fox (April 2021 Edition)
- Curing Title Defects Under the 2021 Revised ALTA Owners and Loan Policies: Identifying and Resolving Common Defects (Liens, Judgments, Rights of Third Parties, and Breaks in Chain of Title) (October 28, 2021)
- American Law Institute’s Continuing Legal Education, “Of Creditors, Guarantors, and Sureties: Whose Debt Is It Anyway?” Faisal Moghul
If you require the services of an experienced real estate litigation law firm, please call our office to set up a consult. Past cases are not a guarantee of future results. Each case is unique and depends on the facts of that specific case.
Schedule Your Consultation Now!