Business Attorneys in Fairfax County
Business Attorneys in Fairfax County
Our firm is headquartered in Fairfax, Virginia, a few blocks from the Fairfax County Courthouse. Our practice is dedicated to Business law. We pride ourselves on having successfully represented clients in some of the toughest legal battles involving cutting-edge legal issues (see Accolades and Notable Cases). Our team appreciates the deeper dimensions of your Business problems, which other attorneys not sufficiently familiar with this complex subject matter often fail to consider. Our experienced team has been responsible for successfully resolving some of the most complex disputes in this area of the law, and some of the firm’s attorneys frequently lecture on cutting-edge legal issues, seminars and Continuing Legal Education (CLE) seminars.
- Business Partnership Disputes
- Shareholder or LLC or Partner derivative litigation
- Business Purchase and Sales
- Contract Actions
- Trademark and Copyright
- Business Fraud
- Business Conspiracy
- Fiduciary Duty Litigation
- Tortious Interference
- Non-Compete Agreements
- Injunctions and Temporary Restraining Orders (TROs)
- Employment Agreements
- Customized LLC Operating Agreements
- Successful Challenge to Venue In International Business Dispute. Represented foreign corporation in complex international business dispute spanning several continents. Plaintiff filed a breach of contract claim against client in Virginia. We filed a motion to dismiss for improper venue under Va. Code 8.01-264 and sought costs and attorney’s fees pursuant to Va. Code 8.01-266. Plaintiff eventually non-suited their claim.
- Dismissal of $160,000 Commercial Unlawful Detainer case against Tenant. We represented a Tenant in a commercial leasing dispute who was being evicted for alleged nonpayment of rent. The Firm was able to mount a successful defense based on COVID-related defenses, and due to defects with the underlying notices served upon client. Case was dismissed.
- Defamation and Removal of Defamatory Social Media/Online Postings – Representing dentist wife in defamation suit against former boyfriend who posted derogatory and defamatory videos and comments on all major social media fora, including Facebook and Youtube. We filed for an immediate Temporary Restraining Order, Preliminary Injunction, Permanent Injunction and sued for defamation seeking damages. Defamatory postings were ordered removed.
Recent Published Works
- American Law Institute, The Practical Lawyer, “Direct vs Derivative Claims: Permitting Direct Shareholder Actions for Closely Held Corporations,” by Faisal Moghul and Joseph Rugari (July, 2022).
- LexisNexis Practical Guidance, “Purchase and Sale of Commercial Real Property (VA),” by Faisal Moghul and Terry Fox (November 15, 2021).
- LexisNexis Practical Guidance, “Choice of Ownership Structure of Real Property,” by Faisal Moghul and Terry Fox (June 9, 2022)
- American Law Institute, The Practical Lawyer, “Caveat Emptor vs Seller Disclosure in Residential Real Property Conveyances,” by Faisal Moghul and Terry Fox (April 2021 Edition)
- Curing Title Defects Under the 2021 Revised ALTA Owners and Loan Policies: Identifying and Resolving Common Defects (Liens, Judgments, Rights of Third Parties, and Breaks in Chain of Title) (October 28, 2021)
- American Law Institute’s Continuing Legal Education, “Of Creditors, Guarantors, and Sureties: Whose Debt Is It Anyway?” Faisal Moghul
If you require the services of an experienced Business law firm, please call our office to set up a consult. Past cases are not a guarantee of future results. Each case is unique and depends on the facts of that specific case.
Schedule Your Consultation Now!