Business Partnership Disputes & Business Divorces
It may be a cliché, but it’s true: Business partnerships are like a marriage; disputes are inevitable. Smart business owners and partners anticipate problems beforehand, and plan accordingly. The best way to handle disputes is to set clear expectations from the beginning and have a clear agreement on how to handle the disputes. Throughout Loudoun, Fairfax, Arlington, Prince William and Spotsylvania Counties, Alexandria City and Washington DC, our firm has become synonymous with high-quality business litigation services through effective negotiations and fierce litigation.
Common Sources of Tension Among Business Partners
We have handled a variety of business disputes across several industries, including but not limited to, real estate, technology, insurance, consumer electronics, retail, and food and beverage. Some of the most common problems between and among business partners include:
- Your Business Partner Is Converting (Stealing) Assets Belonging to The Company
- Your Business Partner Is Diverting Business Opportunities Belonging to The Company For His Personal Benefit
- Your Business Partner Refuses to Account to You Regarding the Businesses Finances
- Your Business Partner Has Stolen Valuable Company Secrets and Is Using that Information To Compete With Your Business
Thus, it is vital that you establish a clear mechanism for resolving business disputes before starting a business venture with your partner. Failure to do so may prove very costly.
Specialized, High-Stakes Litigation Attorneys
When the stakes are high, Virginia businesses trust Fox & Moghul. Our attorneys are sensitive to your business goals, and are well-equipped to tackle the most complex of disputes between business stakeholders. Here are some of the scenarios that we can help with:
- Limited Liability Company Intra-Member or Manager Disputes
- Limited Partnership Disputes Among General or Limited Partners
- Shareholder Disputes and Shareholder Derivative Action
- Fiduciary Duty Litigation (When a member/shareholder/partner breaches his fiduciary duty to the entity or, if applicable, to the partners)
- Breach of Company Bylaws By A Director or Officer of the Corporation
- Embezzlement or Conversion of Business Property
- Usurpation of Business Opportunity
WE HAVE A PROVEN TRACK RECORD OF SUCCESS IN RESOLVING SUCH DISPUTES!
Please our Accolades and Notable Case Achievements Section for a sampling of our past successes.
You can’t afford a less experienced law firm to represent you or your company during such a contentious conflict. We offer counsel that is unmatched by even some of the largest firms in the region. For more information on business partnership disputes, refer to the following resources:
- Tips for Avoiding Partnership Disputes
- The Importance of Partnership Agreements
- The Most Common Types of Business Disputes
- Business Debt & Partnerships: What You Need to Know to Protect Yourself
Feel free to contact Fox & Moghul for a consult.