COVID-19 ALERT: During the COVID-19 crisis, the attorneys at Fox & Moghul are working and available to discuss your case with you via phone or online media.
Business and Commercial Litigation
High-Stakes Commercial And Business Litigation
Fox & Moghul represents both plaintiffs and defendants in commercial and business litigation disputes before state and federal courts as well as in alternative dispute proceedings like mediation and arbitration. Our firm has a specialized focus in the following areas:
- Business Partnership Disputes
- Contract Actions
- Business Fraud
- Business Conspiracy
- Fiduciary Duty Litigation
- Tortious Interference
- Non-Compete Agreements
- Injunctions and Temporary Restraining Orders (TROs)
- Multimillion Dollar Fraud, Breach of Contract and Business Conspiracy Lawsuit – Represented high net worth international buyer of prominent Virginia-based university in fraud, breach of contract, specific performance, and business conspiracy lawsuit. After several months of litigation, case was settled favorably, and client proceeded to finalize the purchase of the university.
- Successful Challenge to Venue In International Business Dispute – Represented foreign corporation in complex international business dispute spanning several continents. Plaintiff filed a breach of contract claim against client in Virginia. We filed a motion to dismiss for improper venue under Va. Code 8.01-264 and sought costs and attorney’s fees pursuant to Va. Code 8.01-266. Plaintiff eventually non-suited their claim.
- Partnership Dispute/Shareholder Derivative Action – Represented Defendants in multimillion-dollar (>$10M+) partnership dispute involving claims of fraud, breach of contract, conspiracy, securities fraud etc. related to two corporations. We had all the tort and contract claims dismissed.
- Intra-Member LLC Dispute Over Real Estate Portfolio. We were retained by one of the several members in an LLC involved in a dispute over a portfolio of properties held by the LLC. We were successfully able to void our clients dissociation and reinstate him as a member with all privileges and voting rights restored.